HAYWARD® Universal HC Series - Dual Fuel 400K BTU (EXPERT LINE)
EXPERT LINE products are only available through your local pool professional.
The industry’s smallest footprint heater allows replacement of almost any heater in an existing pad with the efficient reliability of the new Universal HC Series dual-fuel technology heater from Hayward®. Built to fit effortlessly with Hayward plumbing adapters, every detail has been thoughtfully engineered with easy drop-in capability in mind—its dual-fuel technology, its adaptive plumbing, its zero wall-clearance design, and more. And it all adds up to a durable, ultra-powerful heater with the industry’s smallest footprint.
- Compact design: The industry’s smallest footprint heater and lightweight design makes installation easy in any environment
- Easy-out mixing orifice: Allows for easy in-field conversion between natural gas and propane
- Cupro nickel heat exchanger: Protects against water corrosion and natural wear
- Patented Butterfly bypass: Enables flow rates up to 125 GPM without extra accessories
- Exclusive plumbing adapters: Allow for simple drop-in replacement with no pipe cutting required
- Zero wall clearance: Fits seamlessly into smaller pads and tight spaces
- Quick-access reversible top: easily swaps plumbing from right to left while providing access to gas shutoff, voltage selection and more, all via a single fastener
- Low NOx emissions: Meet clean air quality standards while providing premium heating performance.
Model Number HDF400 Gas Natural gas or propane
Thermal Efficiency 84%
Heat Exchanger Cupro Nickel
Hot Surface Ignition Silicon Nitride
Low NOx Emissions Yes
Digital Thermostat Yes
Remote Compatible 2-wire and 3-wire
Supply Voltage 240/120 VAC
Water Connections 2”/2.5”
Gas Connection at Heater ¾"
Installation Location Outdoor or indoor
Footprint Dimensions (inches) 21” W x 21” D
Heater Dimensions (inches) 28” W x 21” D x 31” H Heater Weight (lbs) 135
Shipping Dimensions (inches) 33” W x 33” D x 39” H
Shipping Weight (lbs) 170 lbs.